Orvieto

Alright, I know I'm incorrigible. Let's move past that.
So I went to Orvieto a few weeks ago as one of the day trips through the program that I paid for when I first arrived in Italy. It was beautiful and is known for this amazingly large church and also a bunch of underground tunnels, both of which we toured. Here's a picture of the outside of the church.

This is a picture of me goofing around in the underground.

And another...

Um, I'm not entirely sure what to say about this graffiti except for, "why the question mark?"

This is a picture of Allison (my Orvieto buddy) trying to take a picture of the front of the church with her super highspeed camera.

After the underground tour, we explored for a few hours. I bought a pashmina scarf and Allison and I ran around looking at the town which was really small and quite clean for Italy. It was really beautiful. Then after our free time, we met up with the group to eat a lunch that came with the trip. The lunch was HUGE. We had an appetizer of meats, cheeses, bread and spreads. Then came the first course of mushroom risotto. Then the second course of pasta. Then the third course of sausage, beef, chicken, potatoes and salad. Then for dessert there was some sort of red velvet cake. It was quite delicious although I was kind of hoping for tiramisu for dessert :) After stuffing ourselves to the point of insanity, we all wandered over to the church for our tour. I had to use my new scarf as a skirt because my shorts didn't go to my knees. Super stylish!

This is me trying to take a stealthy picture of the ceiling in a room where we weren't supposed to take pictures. But I accidentally got my face in it, naturally.

This is the interior of the church while it was lit up for about 10 seconds and I managed to take a picture. Very pretty.

After our church tour we had a bit of time to wander around some more and we went around the town again and just hung out seeing the sights and I was able to buy a few more things (socks and a postcard). The sky was also looking particularly beautiful.

Orvieto was a beautiful trip that did not disappoint and was definitely worth every penny (eurocent?). It was just sad because I was hoping Lina would come and she wasn't able to make it :( But I still had a good time running around being picture crazy with Allison and ditching the tour group to take pictures in strange places in the underground! I'm always running off :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling in love with myself

Musings

The Unending Adventures of Hula Hoop and Hawaiian Lion