Politics

I'm just going to have to make a comment. This seems to be the best place to do it, so here it is:

It is not a congressman/woman's job to be elected. It's their job to vote. It's their job to represent their constituency. I could honestly care less what the ramifications of their votes will be on their campaigns, I care about the ramifications for the country. I'm honestly getting sick of seeing article titles such as: "Bailout vote may be as risky as Iraq war vote". Who cares how risky it is? Aren't they getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to take that risk? Ugh.

I had a conversation with my dad the other day about politics and the bailout and it's gotten me in a much more political mindset. Then last night, I talked with my homestay signora (who is a political journalist) about politics again. According to her, Europe is very affected by the American economy and political climate and so everyone here is following American news very closely. I just find it interesting that she knows more about American politics than most Americans and she's a German/Italian citizen. Also, Europe reeeally wants Barack Obama to win the election. Like, you have no idea. His biggest rally audience during his campaign? In Europe. They love him. So even for those of you who don't want him to win, at least the silver lining will be that Europe will like/respect us a lot more if he does. That may not matter to a lot of you but it does to me because I'm pretty much in love with Europe at this point :)

So anyway, that's my thoughts for the day. Last night was the first official meeting of Wine Wednesdays (we liked the wine tasting last week so much we decided to make it a weekly thing). It was lots of fun, as usual and I walked up with friends to Gianicolo park which has an absolutely gorgeous view of the city of Rome and a beautiful fountain. A very fun night, but alas, no pictures. So I will just have to go back with my camera and take some later. Ok, gotta run, ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling in love with myself

Musings

The Unending Adventures of Hula Hoop and Hawaiian Lion