Fun in Rome!

So the weekend after Amsterdam, I was visited in Rome by some very special people. My friends Bree and Kristina from elementary school (i.e. La Crescenta/back home) and Bree's cousin Caitlin came and I showed them a good time.

They arrived Saturday and we tried to meet at the Vatican before it closed. But we didn't make it on time so all we got to see was the Basilica. But that's cool in its own right. After the Vaticano, we went out to dinner at Campo dei'Fiori. Everyone had delicious wine and pasta, it was good. After dinner we went our separate ways to get ready for the evening. My friend Christina works at a club and we were planning on going there that evening. I met them at their hotel and we spent some time hanging out there before we went out to the club. When we got to the club, all of my friends from the program (who had arrived 2 hours earlier) were upset because everyone had trouble getting in. But they had come with 40 people right when the club opened, obviously they weren't going to get in. So the four of us went in and met Christina and we all just danced the night away and had a grand time of it.

The next morning, I met the girls at Piazza Venezia and we grabbed lunch. They had gone to the Colosseum and Forum that morning without me, at my request (didn't want to pay to get in when I've already seen it... that and I wanted to sleep). Lunch was delicious and we had the funniest little waiter who couldn't stop singing. The girls were amused at the fact that I was speaking with the waiter in Italian. I have to admit, I was speaking Italian more than I usually would... for their amusement more than anything else. After lunch, I walked them up to the Trevi Fountain, to the spanish steps, back to the trevi, to the pantheon, piazza navona, piazza dell'orologio, castel sant'angelo, the tevere, trastevere, and to my guy friends' apartment to go the bathroom. When we got there, Boris recommended a great place to get dinner. So we went out and got chocolate shots (they had never had them) and then went to the place Boris recommended. They had the most delicious nutella/ricotta calzones. Really top notch. The pizza was great too. Then I took them up to Gianicolo park and showed them the fountain and the view. Afterwards, we went back to their hotel because they were staying across the street from a bar that I happened to know had beer pong. Now, beer pong is a great American pastime of our generation. There is nothing more that needs to be said. We were thrilled and we played for about an hour. Then, when they stopped selling beer, we played with water. We're that dedicated. All that evening we were just cracking up about every little thing and calling the bartender The Man because he had cut us off and just acting hilarious. We had sooo much fun and I laughed more than I've laughed since I can remember. Thank god for those girls. I can't wait to get back to La Crescenta and hang out with them. After beer pong, I went back home and they went back to the UK where they're studying.

Some pics:
Acting silly on the Spanish Steps
Yes, we really were laughing that hard
After The Man sent us packing
Taking the shot
Setting up the game
Chocolate shots
Frolicking in front of the Pantheon
More Spanish Steps ridiculousness
I loved it
Where did the calzone go?
Lovely Trevi Fountain picture. If you look closely, you can actually see the coin. Kudos to Bree on taking that picture.
Lunch at Bibo with the funny waiter.
Fun at White club on Saturday night
Caitlin is such a cutie
From left: Bree, Me, Caitlin, Kristina and Christina. Super fun bathroom picture... haha.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You need to get a Poolside Pong table out there when it gets warmer! www.poolsidepong.com
Opus #6 said…
What a great time! I love that you were speaking Italian!

Popular posts from this blog

Falling in love with myself

Musings

The Unending Adventures of Hula Hoop and Hawaiian Lion