Made it to London!

Hello all. Currently in Europe fighting over computers at the hostel. Lovely. Actually Jessie's fighting. Quite a scrapper that one.

So the flight into London went well. It was long but I slept so I didn't really notice. Upon landing I loaded myself up on caffeine and waited for Jessie's plane to arrive. FINALLY she showed up, walking out of the international terminal. It was a reunion for the ages. A scene out of Love Actually.

Then we caught up on the past month and a half and tubed our way to our hostel (Palmer's Lodge). It's a good hostel. Still a hostel, but there's free internet and breakfast so they're covering all the important bases. After dropping our bags off we went to a bar and tried a couple of bizarre drinks. Pictures were taken and will be posted upon my return to the ole USofA. Then we went to see the London Eye (overpriced) and the Tower of London (therapy session ensued... more productive than sightseeing, quite frankly). Then we tubed it back to Swiss Cottage (the metro exit near our hostel) and actually ate dinner and had beer at THE Swiss Cottage. Which is apparently a pub. I fully support this.

Back to another bar, more drinking, more friending. We came back to the hostel and played 'good cop/bad cop' with the front desk guy. Guess who got to play bad cop? I'm sure you're not surprised. However, we purchased a day trip to Stonehenge tomorrow. So I will write about that and other things later. Loving London! Super relaxed and fun vibe. Write again soon :)

Comments

sarahi said…
I'm glad you made it there safely! You two gals have fun! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures and see pics! Lots of love!!!!!
Opus #6 said…
Totally fun to read about your adventures. Glad you 2 girls found each other OK and got settled. I'll be waiting for your posts.

Popular posts from this blog

Falling in love with myself

Musings

The Unending Adventures of Hula Hoop and Hawaiian Lion