Preparing Oneself

There are a few preparations that I've been undertaking before I leave for Rome:

1) Purchasing necessary toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, etc.). I've been made to understand that deodorant in Italy is a tough find and I refuse to be without this particular hygiene item. I'm also planning on clothes shopping a bit more so that I have enough clothing to cover up when I visit churches and whatnot.

2) Spending time with friends and family. I won't be seeing my bf until around May when he gets back from Iraq. So I'm trying to find as much time with him as possible. This weekend we're going to Las Vegas! I'm so excited and I'll probably post about it, since I wouldn't want to forget (I tend to do that, so this blog might be a good thing for my memory). I'll also be going out to eat with family and going shopping with friends.

3) Packing. Not really a worry with me because I'm a pro-packer. I'm going to start packing and doing laundry on Monday and I leave Tuesday morning. That will give me a half a day to pack which should be plenty of time.


I just spent the last couple of days with the bf and we went on a pretty substantial shopping spree. He bought me the most gorgeous bag, here's a picture:




It's a beautiful Coach bag that I fell in love with when we were shopping last week and he bought it for me as an early birthday present. There were also sunglasses and boots which I'm sure will be abundant in pictures when I'm in Italy, so I don't feel the need to post any. Before you get the idea that the two of us run around spending money, he recently received his reenlistment bonus and we had been planning that shopping spree for a very long time. He purchased a gun that he's been wanting for the past couple of years. He's going to pick it up on his birthday and he's very excited.

Sorry that was kind of a tangent, but I just didn't want to forget that awesome day. Besides, it's not like anyone reads this thing anyway :)

Comments

Opus #6 said…
I read it! I read it! Count me in! Me, me!

Popular posts from this blog

Falling in love with myself

Musings

The Unending Adventures of Hula Hoop and Hawaiian Lion