Birthday Fun

So my hostess cooked our first dinner together for the three of us tonight. Then she came out with a candle, ice cream and prosecco and they sang for me. It was really sweet, she sang in Italian and Ashley sang in English. It was a very unique birthday song. My little brother J and my mom also sang to me today over skype, so I feel extremely loved. J is the cutest little kid in the whole wide world and I just wanted to smother him with hugs. Here are some pictures from the Italian birthday fiesta:


The first is of my birthday candle and of the wine and the second is a picture of Ashley and our hostess. Ashley's on the right and our hostess is on the left (we'll call her R because I don't know if she's ok with me using her name). Dinner consisted of spinach and ricotta ravioli and an Italian summer dish of melon and prosciutto which Ashley and I had never heard of. It was really delicious though with the saltiness of the prosciutto balancing with the sweetness of the melon. Quite an adventure for the tastebuds. A very good birthday indeed.

Also, I forgot to mention earlier the BEST part of the Vegas trip! The bf and I went to the spa together. He got a massage and I got a body scrub. I made the appointments and I knew how he would feel about a man giving him a massage so I requested a woman (she ended up being cute and gave a great massage so I was pleased). But just so things were fair (they must always be fair) I requested a male spa technician for my body scrub. The scrub was so luxurious and it was wonderful to really feel free to be myself in the spa because there were no boys allowed! After I lounged around in the whirlpool and the steam room and the sauna and the showers... I had the scrub. First he scrubbed me with a salt scrub, followed by a rinse, then another long rinse by a crazy shower contraption which showered me with about 20 jets at once all over my body, followed by a lotion/massage. So I really got the good end of that deal: smooth skin+a massage. We both had a ridiculously good time in the spa and intend to make it an annual event!

Comments

Opus #6 said…
Awesome post! I'm loving the pictures and descriptions. Yay for P's blog!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Falling in love with myself

Musings

The Unending Adventures of Hula Hoop and Hawaiian Lion