Productivity and Apocalypto

So yesterday morning I was very productive. I did my laundry here for the first time which was interesting because I had to line dry my clothes:

I also went grocery shopping by myself and even had a small conversation in italian with a lady who asked me to read the expiration date on something for her. Fun fun. Then I had to study for my big test yesterday... kind of a joke. I got a perfect score on the written portion and then when I took the oral exam, my teacher asked me 2 questions and then we started talking in italian about how I'm bored in my current class because I already know everything and how she really thinks that I should move up a level. It was reassuring to know that she thinks that I'm good enough to be in a class that's pretty much full of people who have already taken italian classes in school. She wants me to go to that class on Monday morning to see what it's all about and if I like it. However, I'm still not entirely sure that I want to do it because A) it's kind of nice getting really good grades without trying (I know, I suck, but I am human) and B) because I really like that class that I'm in: Lina's in it with me, I like the people in it and it's in the afternoon. I really like that I have all morning to relax before I have to go to class. So we'll see how that plays out.


Yesterday evening, Lina and I met Robbie at Largo Argentina (some ruins right next to our tram stop in the centro) and we all walked to get dinner. We went to this place with county flags on the table and we sat at the Mexican table. Just cuz that's how we roll. I don't have a picture though. The food was really good. Then afterwards, we walked to Robbie's apartment and just hung out with a bunch of people who were already there and others who kept coming and going. Then we went out to a club called Apocalypto which was this really strange club at the back of a deli style/gelato restaurant. It was really fun. We all just danced all night in this really cramped club that was playing American music. Here's a picture of Lina, Robbie and me:


It was a really fun evening but I didn't get back until quite late which is why I'm posting Saturday morning as opposed to Friday night. Ok, ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling in love with myself

Musings

The Unending Adventures of Hula Hoop and Hawaiian Lion