Lazy Saturdays

So I slept in until 11:30 this morning. I got back really late last night so that didn't even equate to that much sleep, but that's ok. Lina and I then got lunch and walked around Monteverde (our neighborhood) and just kind of explored. The place we went to lunch was a place that we had been to before and they have this really good, salty bread that Lina was dying for. They also had good pizza, so I was happy. I absolutely LOVE the pizza here. I really cannot get enough of it.

After that, we went to our respective apartments, siesta-ed and then met back up for dinner. Ashley came with and we all went out to this random restaurant in Trastevere that was super busy but relatively cheap. My pasta was good, but I really should have ordered pizza. I should always order pizza.

Anywho, so after a long dinner, Lina and I parted ways with Ashley and while she went home, we went to Campo di Fiori, which is a nightlife hotspot with a bunch of bars and young people. We met a big group of our friends there and grabbed some drinks. I drank my first beer tonight in a really long time. I don't really enjoy beer in the least, but I've decided that since I'm going to Oktoberfest, I might as well get on it. I don't want to be that weirdo who can't enjoy Oktoberfest because she's all anti-beer.

Lina and I then left around 1 am to go home, but the tram took its own sweet time showing up to take us there. We looked at cats for a while (Largo Argentina is a cat sanctuary as well as ruins by the tram station) and then when the tram showed up we got on and proceeded to go home. However, hilariously, there was a group of guys on the train who were our age and appeared to be fascinated by the fact that we were American. So much so, that about every 30 seconds, one would lean over and whisper: "Bon Jovi". Now, I have absolutely no idea where this Bon Jovi thing came from. Apparently they thought it appropriate to associate us with Bon Jovi. So they were cracking up at their little "joke" and we were cracking up because it was utterly ridiculous. They got off and ended up on a bus driving parallel to our tram for a few seconds. They were waving and gesturing towards us from the bus and so Lina and I waved back and I blew them a kiss (gotta give the people what they want). So I hope that those boys enjoyed their little American/Bon Jovi experience. Certainly something to write home about.

Yep, that was my day. Nothing overly taxing and tomorrow our original plans were to go to the Vatican while it was free, but now that we've thought about it tomorrow is probably the worst possible day of the year to visit the Vatican: the free day in August. August has the more tourists and they'll all be looking for a free trip to the Vatican. I have decided that my trip to the Vatican should be stress free and during a normal hour of the day (we were planning on getting up at 6 am... not so much fun). So tomorrow is looking like it will be just as peaceful and relaxing as today and Lina and I have made it our mission to find tickets to tomorrow's soccer game so I'll let you know if we can make that happen. Ciao!

Comments

Opus #6 said…
Great updates. Thanks for keeping up with this. It is really great reading about your adventures.

Popular posts from this blog

Falling in love with myself

Musings

The Unending Adventures of Hula Hoop and Hawaiian Lion