Gilda and DJ AM

For those of you who don't know him, DJ AM is a famous DJ who was engaged to Nicole Richie and dated Mandy Moore. Well, last night a group of us went out to a club called Gilda where DJ AM was DJ-ing! It was for Linnea's (aka, bella ciao's) birthday and a big group of us rolled out to the club around midnight. We stayed there dancing until 4:30 in the morning (I know, crazy... but it was reeeeally fun and I wasn't going to be doing anything difficult in class the next day). I ended up getting home around 6 and had to wake up at 8, but it was ok because I took a long siesta yesterday in preparation for the copious amounts of sleep I would not be getting that night. Anywho, DJ AM is good. Like really good. I didn't stop dancing the entire time he was spinning. I had myself a little box about 3 feet off the floor that I was dancing on (because I like to dance up high, but you knew that) and my friends would join me periodically on the box. So my evening was basically: pre-party with amici, pay 10 euros to get into the club which came with a free drink, dance on a box for 4 and a half hours, walk to Robbie's house where I left my purse and then get home asap because I was beat.

There was this guy in the club who kept coming up to me and trying to talk to me while I was dancing. He kept telling me how he was famous and all the ladies love him (for all my friends who are reading this, you know who I'm talking about but I'm keeping it G-rated for the fam). He also kept telling me he was gay and decided it would be fun to introduce me to his friend. Well, I let him introduce us and his friend ended up being a relatively legit guy who owns a tour company in Rome and we just talked for a few minutes before I had to run home. But the friend (Steve) told me that the first guy was definitely not famous and was definitely not gay. So I'm a little confused as to why he told me he was gay in the first place... maybe he wants to be? Anyway, it was fun dancing to the amazing beat and meeting new people and funny stories abound as always. No pictures though because I didn't bring my camera. But some friends took pictures of me so if I manage to find one I'll update this post and post it later. Va bene!

Comments

Opus #6 said…
Glad you are having fun. You *did* look really good last night before you left. No wonder you have to beat off the men with a stick!

Popular posts from this blog

Falling in love with myself

Musings

The Unending Adventures of Hula Hoop and Hawaiian Lion