My Past Week

Alright, I've been so focused on blogging about Greece that I've been neglecting the past week, so here's a recap:

On Monday was my first day of real classes. I have to leave home at 8:15 in the morning and I get back at 7:15 at night every Monday and Wednesday. It's a long day. My classes are interesting though, I'm really glad I think I picked all of the best ones for me. I'm taking Ancient Roman Art, Rome and Renaissance Literature and Science and Religion. Science and Religion is my favorite class thus far, because we have heated philosophical discussions in class which I always enjoy. Yesterday we all talked about what we would do if we were in a position where someone was holding a gun to someone we loved's head and told us that if we said we didn't love them then they wouldn't did but if we said we did then they would die. I said that I would definitely say I didn't if I knew the shooter was telling the truth, but if I didn't know then I would still probably say I didn't love the person. I mean, if I were the person with the gun held to my head and I heard them say they didn't love me, I would know they did and that they were just trying to save my life. Even if I did end up getting shot anyway, my last thoughts would be "oh well, at least they tried".

Tuesday was my first day back at Italian class. So much fun as always, I always feel like I'm just having a little conversation in Italian class, I don't feel like I'm actually working. After class I went to Piazza Navona and read for my Science and Religion class. When I finished there I walked to the Trevi Fountain and read for my Lit and Art classes. On my way home from the Trevi, I was stopped on the street by a movie director who told me that he'd buy me a cup of coffee if I let him talk to me about his movie. Free coffee, so I said ok. He told me that he had seen me walking down the street and said that I had the right look for his movie so he semi-stalked me for 2 blocks trying to see my face and then when I guess he liked what he saw, he stopped me. He told me the story for his movie and had me give him my email address so he could email me the synopsis of the movie and his phone number. I didn't actually end up calling him because I have no aspirations as of yet to be an actress, but free coffee was va bene and it was flattering. I was discovered, haha.

Wednesday I had more class and then after class we had the Trastevere Wine Tasting, haha. The boys invited everyone over to their apartment for a wine tasting. We all had to bring a bottle of wine that cost over 5 euros and then we all just hung out in the apartment and drank ourselves silly. There were about 20 of us there, so it was a good time. We ended up wandering back and forth between the apartment and the ponte and then Lina and I got home around 2.

Today (Thursday) I had Italian class again. It was fun because our teacher gave us these one page scenes written in Italian that we had to act out. There were two groups of us doing the same scene and then the teacher was going to decide who did a better job after we both acted ours out. We totally won, naturally, haha. It was really fun though because it was a scene about a husband and a wife who is unfaithful to the husband and her lover comes to take her away and shoots the husband and then the wife says that she hates the lover. I got to play the husband, so there was a nice little death scene in there for me. So fun! I also got my final exam back from the class I finished before the break: 19.46/20... so needless to say I got an A in that class.

So now I'm just sitting here relaxing before I have to get on the plane to Munich in a few hours to go to Oktoberfest. I'm all ready to go, I've got cash and my boarding pass and I'm going to start packing in a bit. I'm so excited! There, now I'm all caught up and I'll have more to say when I get back from Oktoberfest on Sunday. Ciao!

Comments

Opus #6 said…
Have a great weekend! I'm loving all the long posts.

Popular posts from this blog

Falling in love with myself

Musings

The Unending Adventures of Hula Hoop and Hawaiian Lion